Is the transmission in your Mercedes in trouble? If you’re having transmission problems with your vehicle, then finding a solution right away is the best way to protect your vehicle and ensure that it keeps functioning properly. For some, the best solution is purchasing an entirely new transmission. While this can be effective, it can also be costly, and it’s not the best choice for all drivers.Before you spend your money on a new transmission, consider how purchasing a remanufactured transmission can benefit you.
For most people, one of the top benefits of choosing a remanufactured transmission is low cost. Compared to purchasing an all new transmission, remanufactured transmissions are usually much cheaper. If you’re looking for a way to save money but you still want to ensure that the remanufactured transmission is something that you can trust, you should do some research. Find a company that offers you great rates, little or no core deposit, and a warranty. This can give you the peace of mind that you require in order to opt for the transmission that has the lower cost.
The Best of the Best
One of the major reasons to consider a remanufactured transmission is that you can guarantee that your transmission has all of the latest parts and fittings. When you purchase a new transmission, you may be getting a transmission that is technically new but has been sitting on a shelf for a few years. If you’re looking for the best performance, then opting for a remanufactured transmission may be the best way to ensure that. Remanufactured transmissions will offer you great updates that ensure your vehicle runs smoothly, and you won’t have to spend a fortune on them.
One of the cons of purchasing a remanufactured transmission is that it might not offer the type of warranty that you’re looking for. With a new transmission, you may be able to get a lengthy warranty, but you need to consider at what cost. If you choose to work with the right remanufactured transmission dealer, you may be able to get a great deal and a good warranty on the transmission. At Sun Valley Mercedes Transmission, we offer a two-year unlimited mileage warranty with all of our remanufactured transmissions. That means you can drive with complete confidence that your transmission is going to serve you properly.
If you’re looking for a new transmission for your Mercedes, look to the pros at Sun Valley Mercedes Transmission. We can offer you an remanufactured automatic transmission that will help your vehicle run smoothly. Call us today at 818-782-2300 to speak to one of our transmission specialists about your options!
Spousal maintenanceis commonly referred to as divorce alimony. Any dissolution of marriage involving one of the spouses seeking spousal maintenance is ideally handled by an experienced divorce attorney who knows how to make equitable divorce settlements. Factors determining eligibility for spousal support are many, but the main factors include (1) all the financial resources of the spouse seeking support; (2) education and employment skills, time necessary for education or vocational training; (3) duration of the marriage; (4) age, employment history, earning ability, as well as the emotional and physical well being of the spouse; and (5) the efforts of the spouse seeking spousal maintenance to obtain suitable employment.
Texas House Bill 901 became effective for divorce cases filed on or after September 1, 2011 and changed the factors required to be considered by a court in determining the nature, amount, duration, and manner of periodic payments for a spouse who is eligible to receive maintenance.
Here are a few of the more important changes regarding spousal maintenance awards:
1. Previously, the maximum amount of spousal support the courts could award was $2,500 per month. Today, the maximum amount is $5,000 per month. (However the award cannot exceed 20% of the payer’s average gross monthly income.)
2. Depending on the length of the marriage, spousal maintenance can extend to a maximum of 10 years (if parties were married for more than 30 years).
3. In order to receive “maintenance,” (which is the statutory term for spousal support), the spouse seeking support must lack sufficient property to provide for their “minimum reasonable needs”, AND one of the following:
(1) The recipient must be unable to earn sufficient income to provide for his or her minimum reasonable needs because of an incapacitating mental or physical disability;
(2) The marriage lasted for 10 years or longer and the recipient lacks the ability to earn sufficient income to provide for his or her minimum reasonable needs;
(3) The recipient is the custodian of a child of the marriage of any age who requires substantial care and personal supervision because of a physical or mental disability that prevents the spouse from earning sufficient income to provide for the spouse’s minimum reasonable needs; OR
(4) The person ordered to pay support was convicted of or received deferred jurisdiction for an act of family violence during the pendency of the suit or within two years of the date the suit is filed.
In cases where the maintenance is awarded due to the mental or physical disability of the spouse or a child of the marriage, the court may order that the maintenance continue as long as the disability continues.
Contact LaFour Law today and schedule a consultation with one of our divorce attorneys to discuss your issues and concerns related to spousal maintenance. One of our experienced divorce lawyers can assist you in sifting through these important considerations—all of which can ultimately impact the quality of your life for years to come.
The Rise of GoGoFruitRush
"GoGoFruitRush" has charmed and infuriated players in almost equal measure. Steadily climbing the charts since its release in May of this year, GoGoFruitRush appears primed to crack the top 25 free apps on the iTunes store. Ranking data from ASO sites such as App Annie suggest that GoGoFruitRush is charting high in over twenty countries.
The game play is simple. Players tap the screens to make matches of at least 3 similar, colorful fruit. The more fruit you can match at one time, the higher your score will be. There are no levels, bad guys or power-ups. Other than the ability to change the background and the fruits, the game would appear to be nondescript. Designed for all ages, it sounds easy, right up until you try it. Once you’re in, you’re hooked.
Some players have taken to social media to express their love or hatred of the app. One Twitter user said “High Score! Now maybe I can finally put this game down. #Addicted #GoGoFruitRush”. Others users comments are not suitable for publication, but they include hashtags such as #frustrated, #cantstop, and #stupidgame.
So what makes GoGoFruitRush different than other recent flash in the pan games like “Flappy Bird” and “Don’t Touch the White Tile”? One word: Education. GoGoFruitRush encourages using a strategy as to what fruit to tap as opposed to just mindlessly touching the screen. In one review on the iTunes store, a teacher stated “My second graders love playing this app. As a teacher I appreciate how it promotes critical thinking and problem solving skills. It’s great for ALL ages and I even find myself playing along! Parents often request the app name so they can download it at home!
With its simple game play, GoGoFruitRush looks as if it is destined for iTunes fame. What’s your high score? Post it to Twitter / Facebook with the hashtag #GGFR.
Download it here
What weapons are prohibited in the state of Texas?
It is important to remember that not only the possession of some weapons, but also being involved in the manufacture, transport, repair or sale of certain weapons is a criminal offense in the state of Texas.
Section 46.05 of the Texas Penal Code Prohibited Weapons spells it out in plain English.
§ 46.05. PROHIBITED WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
(1) an explosive weapon;
(2) a machine gun;
(3) a short-barrel firearm;
(4) a firearm silencer;
(5) a switchblade knife;
(7) armor-piercing ammunition;
(8) a chemical dispensing device; or
(9) a zip gun.
However, there are also a few defenses to prosecution under this section of the Law:
1. According to Subsection (b) If it can be proved that your conduct was incidental to the performance of official duty as a member of the armed forces, National Guard, a governmental law enforcement agency, or a correctional facility.
2. According to Subsection (c) If it can be proved that your possession was pursuant to registration pursuant to the National Firearms Act as amended.
3.According to Subsection (d) If it can be proved that your conduct was incidental to dealing with a switchblade knife, spring blade knife, or short-barrel firearm solely as an antique or curio, or was incidental to dealing with armor-piercing ammunition solely for the purpose of making the ammunition available to an organization, agency or institution listed in Subsection (b).
4. According to Subsection (e) Possession of these prohibited weapons is a felony of the third degree unless possession is a switchblade or knuckles. These two possessions are classified as Class A misdemeanors.
5. According to Subsection (f) If the person in possession of a chemical dispensing device is a security officer and has received training on the use of the chemical dispensing device by a training program that is provided by the Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education or approved for the purposes described by this subsection by the Texas Private Security Board of the Department of Public Safety.
If you have been charged with the possession of an illegal weapon in the state of Texas, it would be wise to engage the services of an experienced criminal lawyer such as Brian Corrigan. He has tried over 150 jury trials and handled over 2,000 felony and misdemeanor cases in crimes ranging from driving while intoxicated and family violence to drug trafficking, white collar crime, child abuse, and murder.